Saturday, June 03, 2006

A sunny morning

A couple of hours ago I waved my lover off to go and spend the weekend with another woman. I'm not jealous, though I am a bit disappointed. I had been hoping to join them, but they needed some time just the two of them, and that's fine. In fact, the other woman was almost a lover of mine as well, but sadly got involved with someone else a few months ago, just as things were getting interesting between us, and it rather got in the way of anything more, but she is a beautiful lady, and we've developed a lovely platonic friendship instead.

Having watched my lover zip off in his car from my front gate, I turned, headed into my house that I hadn't seen since yesterday morning, and made a cup of tea to take up to my life partner, who was still in bed, kissed him a hello, and smiled at how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life.

Days like this, I often forget that other people don't live the way I do - it just feels so natural and normal to me now, that I almost start to tell colleagues and friends and family about how excited I am to be seeing one love or other the next week, before having to stop and remind myself that other people might not see my lifestyle in the same way that I do. That makes me sad though, and I tend to wonder then, how many people are secretly living in open relationships, unaware that say, the girl next door might be doing exactly the same. Or equally, how many people are *wanting* to live the same way, but don't know how to get there.

So I guess this is what prompted me to start this log - I'm not ashamed of how I live, far from it, though I don't want to shove it in the faces of people who don't really need to know about it -my colleagues, family, our straighter friends - but I do think it is almost my duty to stand up and say "here I am. Here is how I live, and look, it's a good way." To tell the world that there are people like me out there, living happy, polyamorous lifestyles, and that monogamy is not the only way to be.

Right now though, I need to go and get changed out of yesterday's clothes, and get ready to go out for the day with my partner's parents, and maybe get another cup of tea to wake me up, as it's still only ten am.

2 Comments:

Blogger WDKY said...

Well, this was an unexpectedly interesting way to start my day, Miss Scarlet.

I'll certainly be back... in the meantime, do feel free to stop by and say hello!

June 03, 2006 10:16 am  
Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

Thankyou, glad you found it interesting. Had a quick flick through your pages, you seem like an interesting person, from first impressions, you remind me somewhat of a dear friend of mine in Bristol (who I don't see often enough)- a romantic, but pragmatic about it.
I shall hope to spot you again on here.
x

June 03, 2006 7:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home