Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Calming down

(22nd August)

It’s been a slightly quieter week than the last few. My date with Mountain was very enjoyable, my work life relatively routine, things with Nice Guy a little more relaxed, despite us both grumping at each other thanks to low moods during the latter days of last week. Quality time with Miss Sunshine was cancelled, as she has been wearing herself out lately, too, and needed the weekend to stay at home with her husband and get some rest. NG and I took it as an excuse to spend the weekend in bed, and to get some much needed sleep.

Another play date with Mountain tonight, if he’s well enough, or if not, I’ll be going round to feed him chicken soup. He’s meant to be off to the States for a couple of weeks from Friday, so it would be nice to have a good evening before he goes away.

NG gets the keys to his new house tomorrow, and I have promised to celebrate that with him, then it’s a good 24 hours of flat out work for me before we’re off to Dullsville for the weekend to visit respective families, and stop off at Miss Anthropist’s on the way for a coffee.


(29th August)

The date with Mountain was good. A nice lazy night in. Having been joking about making him chicken soup, I created a prawn and turkey chowder in his kitchen – probably a little rich for someone recovering from a major stomach bug, but it was nice to do something nice for him. He's off gallivanting round the States already now, and out of contact for a couple of weeks.

Nice Guy and I caught up with our separate families, and Miss Anthropist at the weekend, and I got an invite to go and have breakfast with him and his mother – she's a scary lady, but in a cool way (she's very no-nonsense), and apparently seems to like me, which is rather pleasing.

I caught up with Polymath on monday evening as well. A little disorganised as ever our meetings seem to be – I'd vaguely planned to feed him, but forgotten that he's vegan, and since NG's mum had donated a beef stew for dinner and I had no other food in the house I felt rather guilty about that, but he was a sweetie and sorted himself out with no complaint. That and after the weekend of family business, I was knackered and really not in the mood to do anything other than sit and drink tea, but we had a pleasant evening wurbling at each other about life, the universe and everything. It turns out that he and his lady are helping to organise an event I am going to at the weekend, that could be rather eye-opening, and I hadn't realised they were connected....

The Night of the Senses, which used to be called the Sex Maniacs Ball, is held for charity, and is one of the biggest events of the year for people in all sorts of sex-positive sections of the community and a very nice chap I was talking to in CCK back in february was so bowled over by the fact that I remembered him when we met again by chance last week that he gave me a free ticket, and another one for NG. It's starting to look like there might be more people I know there than I was expecting, but that's no bad thing, and it certainly looks like it's going to be a fascinating experience for both of us. I'm rather hoping I do spot Polymath and partner, too as I haven't met her and am very curious to.

So plans for the rest of this week: I'm actually having a couple of nights in, which I've actually had to write into my diary so that I can get things done at home, then the entire weekend is promised to NG as it's his first weekend in his new house and we plan on 'christening' it room by room, with a break on the saturday night for Night of the Senses, and no doubt a good recovery period on sunday morning. I expect by monday that I will have a lot to write about!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder you haven't been around much. :D

'Wuss'

August 30, 2007 12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home