Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Back to work for a rest

Spent almost the whole of yesterday with Busybee. It was a wonderful day. We went out into the hills near where I live, back where I used to walk when I was a teenager. Just a whole day of walking, talking at random, had a late lunch in a village near the top, and then wandered back down again, ate grapes lying in a field and rested for a while, and then went indoor climbing.

Very different to the day before with Cad, no nudity this time around. I didn't really go with any expectation of it, though of course I'd have liked to. B is a very attractive man, in so many ways. I'm going to miss him terribly. I hope he'll miss me a little bit, though I know he's not the sort of man that really misses people -not that he's callous, just always busy. Maybe if I keep myself that way too the months will fly by until we get to meet again.
And of course, I have my partner, who is lovely, and deserving of much credit, but I think would be the first to admit that he's not a great talker. That's the thing I'll miss most about B, staying over and talking under the covers until silly times in the morning. We'll still have online chats, and phone, but it really isn't going to be the same.
Oh well, all the more incentive to come back and visit after the move, though I don't know how often that could be.

I am indeed back to work today, working some more on packing up my studio this morning, and in the office this afternoon, I shall give my poor legs a bit of a break. Then I think it might be time to get some proper quality time with my partner, who it feels like I haven't seen a whole lot lately.
Tiny flash of guilt for me this morning, when he freudian-slipped 'i'll see you tomorrow' instead of 'i'll see you later' as I kissed him goodbye, leaving for work. Have I really been away that much lately? I thought I'd been sticking fairly well to my one night a week limit, but things have been rather frantic over the last few weeks.
I hope I've not been taking him for granted. It's all too easy to do when he's so quiet and undemanding. Perhaps I'm reading too much into a single line though, my love has been so much more laid back about things lately, and I should trust him to tell me if there's a problem. Still, I will be home tonight, at least after I finish my dance class, and then we'll have the rest of the evening together to reconnect.

Right, breakfast time!

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home