Friday, October 19, 2007

Time and healing

Quick update - Nice Guy and I are trying again, but it's not the same as it was. Things are still somewhat poignant between us, and I think it will be a while before I'm entirely comfortable around him. His right hand is still swollen where he punched the door of his dining room hard enough to crack it, and it makes me wince every time I notice it. We spent the whole of Monday talking about what went wrong, and I learned a few things about past relationships of his that made what happened, while still not excusable, at least understandable. Now all we have to do is see it never happens again... a hard one, that.

The weekend with Mountain was amazing, though, and he has been so supportive and lovely, as well as being a much needed distraction when I've needed it. I'm very glad he's a part of my life as well.

Off to see Thespian tomorrow, and will be popping in on another couple of friends in the area. The upset with Nice Guy has made me realise just how much my world has shrunk down lately to two men, plus work, eat and sleep, and I'm taking the chance to catch up with friends I haven't seen in a long time while I have a couple of weekends free.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the thing really when you have a really big fight. Even if you manage to talk things through and make up it still leaves little remnants behind for quite a while. I've noticed that lately. Eventhough things seem to be okay with my friend it's still noticeable how easy it is for things in the past to rise up again no matter how hard you try not to dwell on the past.

October 19, 2007 12:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home