Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Snapshot of happiness, in amongst boxes.

Waking up with cuddles, helping each other through, talking about the things, places, and people we'd like to explore, making plans to achieve it and getting out there and doing it. This is what I want my life to be.

The flat is a tip as we're mid-packing to leave the continent for three months and everything is going into storage. I'm doing the bulk of that right now, as my work is the more flexible. I don't mind, Mountain does plenty when he can. Kitten has been a sweetie and not complained about the mess.

We're a week into the New Year already. My year of Me is essentially over, and Mountain asked me just after the turn of the year if I would 'accept him as my primary partner'. We have rather defaulted into that state anyway, since I broke up with NG, but I think it was particularly good that he asked and didn't assume. We talked some about what that meant to each of us, and I said it was a thing I would want to re-check often, possibly on a daily basis, which he is happy with. I recalled a thing he had said a while back which I thought was beautiful, and the only realistic committment vow possible: "I love you today. I'll love you tomorrow, and I hope I can say the same then."

I also saw Tallboy at the weekend. Hard to believe how many months have flown by, while I've gone from one life-crisis to another, with jobs and housing, and constant battles with NG's insecurity I feel like I've almost missed the year passing entirely. I wish I'd had more time to spend with him - I would have liked to stay the night, but we were double booked and he was leaving at silly in the morning. If I can afford it, I will have to go out and visit after Canada. (My life has become defined as B.C. and A.C. - Before Canada and After Canada)
Seeing Duchess and NG one last time each before we go to France, both very much squeezed in, and we'll be having a leaving party in the three days between France and Canada. I wish there was more time to scoot round and visit people. I have a feeling I'm not going to get chance to see Miss Sunshine before I go, and it's been months since we had any cuddle time. At least I got to see her and Gamer briefly before Christmas. At least I have one love right here with me. I'm just looking forward to getting the packing over and done with, and getting out there and reaping what we've sown already.

I love you today, I'll love you tomorrow, and I hope I can say the same then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home