Thursday, October 19, 2006

Nice Guys

Ohhh god, Nice Guys... Let me tell you about Nice Guys (and please note the capital letters). Nice Guys are smart. They may not always be top of the I.Q. ladder, although the ones I have met haven't exactly been slouches, they might tend to do themselves down. A Nice Guy might not push himself forward - you will almost always have to do the chasing, but believe you me, they are worth it.
Nice Guys are sensitive, they pay attention to what other people are feeling, and it matters to them. They are good listeners, and usually good talkers too. Nice Guys constantly try to better themselves. And by all that is true, Nice Guys are SEXY.
For those of you that have not slept with a Nice Guy, let me spell it out to you.
Have you ever imagined a guy that puts your needs first, who knows (or puts the effort into learning) exactly what turns you on, and uses it to perfection? Have you ever wanted a guy who took pride in making you feel as good as you possibly can? A lover who is interested in more than just the old in-and-out, who will take you to the moon and beyond and then hold on patiently while you drift gently back down? This, my friends, is the Nice Guy.

And what does the average girl do with such a lovely creature as this? Ahh, here is the tragedy - the average girl takes one look, sees a friendly smile, a listening ear and a soft shoulder, and uses him as a sounding block to pour out her troubles on. Out come the tales of woe about the bastards she is dating, the difficulties of work, family, and who knows what else, and never a thought to the gorgeous possibilities of making love with a person who is connecting with you as a person, rather than as an object.

Ladies, I have known Nice Guys, I have dated them both in the long and the short term, I have been a lot of places and seen a lot of things, and I promise you, you have not lived until you have had one of these. If you are honest and upfront, whether you want a long term relationship, a one night stand, or just a damn good conversation, a Nice Guy will not let you down.

_ _ _ _ _

I cannot deny it, I am a sucker for intelligent conversation. Intelligent conversation about relationships and morality even more so. Occasionally I will catch myself having a particularly fascinating discussion with someone of either gender and almost literally drooling at the sheer clarity of an argument. Not to mention perhaps, at risk of a little crudeness, moist in certain other places as well.

After my love went to bed this evening, I was feeling excessively perky, so I wandered around to talk to Nice Guy, who is a little more of a night owl, like myself and we talked non-stop for something like three hours about relationships, about morality, about polyamory versus society as a whole, about sex and its place in our lives, and so much else besides.
By gosh I was so turned on by the end of it I was almost having orgasms right there in my chair, but then it was late, and he had to work in the morning, and as he so sensibly pointed out (there is the one catch, my dears, with the Nice Guy - he will rarely let you make a bad decision if it is obvious at the time) - things as they stand with my love are still rather new and untested (see previous couple of posts), so we should really be taking things slowly.
I will admit, I have my faults. I can be tactless at times, and I do tend to rush headlong into things just because they feel good at the time, with little thought to the consequences. I am still learning. Sometimes at times when I would much rather be doing other things, like having wonderful sex with sexy people. Curses, curses, and thank heavens for Nice Guys!

So here I am folks, subliming my energy into a nice long rant for your edification, having left things with NG for another night, and about to go to bed, frustrated as anything, but feeling just about as cheerful in that as I could possibly be. I have every reason to believe that there will be other nights, and I suspect our next experience will only be improved by the wait. And best of all? All as ethical as could be.

P.S. NG and my love are on a group night out together tomorrow without me. I am feeling somewhat jealous about this simply because I would love to be a fly on the wall when they have their next conversation, considering that they both know what is going on with the other. I am optimistic about the outcome, but it is still an odd feeling knowing that two of your lovers are going to be meeting, and could very likely be talking about you without your knowing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home