Monday, November 13, 2006

A Moment of Calm

In which there are orgasms, tea, cookies, and patience.


This weekend was lovely. Friday was a good night out with T, as was the fancy dress night on Saturday. Nice Guy has been ill, else he would have been out with us too, but I popped round to show him my costume later on.

Sunday was a deliciously lazy day at home, reminded me of why I was with T in the first place. We pottered round the house until mid afternoon, there was bacon sandwiches and tea, and then we sat down to watch a film together in the evening, curled on the sofa, stopping half way through for a bout of spontaneous baking - the word 'cookies' came up in the film, and I simply couldn't help myself. T humoured me and joined in with excellent grace, and cookies were made shortly thereafter.
Later on I took some of the aforementioned cookies around to NG's house - wasn't planning anything other than a quick cup of tea and baked goods delivery, but somehow ended up staying until well after midnight, and 'distracting him' from feeling ill. Apparently playing with me made him forget all about his aches and pains for the duration - must remember that one for the future!

As for the rest, my patience is still holding out. With much application of tea, I might actually make it until I get back home and see A and everyone else without doing anything silly. I am counting down the days though (eight left).
I am very much looking forward to getting out of the goldfish bowl for a bit and seeing my friends. A is conveniently single for the first time since I have known him. If he has his way, public indecency charges may ensue.

T commented to me, driving back from the party on Saturday night, that he was surprised, having told me I could do whatever I wanted as long as it was not in his house, that I was not off having sex with everything that moved. I think I am a little bit insulted by that, and shocked that he doesn't know me better after all this time, even if I have been 'unpredictable' lately - I am actually rather picky about the people I sleep with, barring the odd one or two when I am lacking other options.
Everything that moves is not my style - everything that moves and can hold its own in a discussion about say, quantum physics, etymology, complex morality or the pros and cons of different Linux distributions, to name some possible topics, that is more my thing (- even Indiscreet Guy conversed very well on the subject of rock climbing, and a few other things - just a shame he couldn't stop talking, afterwards). I talk first, play later.

The thing that frustrated me most about the rules was always that I was limited in what I could do with the people I was involved with, not that I was limited as to who. Now the imposed limits are lifted, I am not going to go messing around with people that I wouldn't normally just for the sake of it, but if any of my friends back home are up for it, then yes, I will be right there, and happily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home