Sunday, January 21, 2007

2.5 days left

So on Tuesday I am moving (again) to a new city, with a suitcase, some clothes, and not a whole lot else. It feels rather appropriate. It will be a completely blank slate for me.

Feeling just a little nostalgic about leaving the Goldfish Bowl. My last few days have been lovely, and my leaving party tonight, joint with one of the guys was fantastic, everyone was so sweet, telling me they're going to miss me, and I must admit the last six weeks I have really felt part of things around here. Even so, it's never really been quite my own scene, I am both looking forward to going, and to visiting again when the place isn't home any more. It's been fun being local eccentric, but I think I will be glad to blend in a bit again, really.

Nice Guy took me out on Friday of last week, and bought me a gift to remember him by. It will be months before I see him again in person, after Tuesday, so it is a lovely thing to have a souvenir I can keep. I gave him a present, too, as a thankyou.
He has been fantastic the last week, cooking for me a lot, taking me out to places, helping me work through things to do with T and the move and lending me the peace and quiet of his house when things elsewhere have been too much. He really has been a good friend, and more. The candle-lit dinner he made me last night was beautiful, and the rest of the evening is something I shan't forget in a hurry, either. I hadn't had such a treat for all five of my senses in a long time. One way or another I need to keep that man in my life.

T has been less demonstrative even than usual. We still hug, and when we are actually together things are an odd echo of how they used to be, but I think he has rather pulled away to make things easier on himself, and I don't want to push things, really. I will miss him, but really I wonder if we will stay in touch, just because I am absent minded, and he really doesn't seem to miss people. I think in the four years we were together he spoke to his old 'best friend' maybe twice. I guess we will see. I will make an effort anyway, for both of us.

T is taking me out on Monday to get a goodbye gift as well, and then NG is taking me to the airport on Tuesday, then I am all on my own. It probably isn't quite as dramatic as all that, admittedly. Duchess is meeting me at the other end, I know the person I will be renting a room from, and it turns out that his girlfriend is good friends with Miss Sunshine, as well, who came to visit me in september. So hopefully I will get to see more of her and Tigger. Duchess will be working across the road, so I will get to see much more of her, I hope, and the rest of my friends and sweeties will be only a short coach or train ride away.

Nice Guy introduced me to Katie Melua lately, and lent me a couple of albums - she is quite definitely my new musical love. The song 'Crawling up a Hill' seems particularly apt at the moment:

___
Every morning 'bout half past eight,
My Mummer wakes me says,
"Don't be late",
Get to the office, tryin' to concentrate,
My life is just a slow train crawling up a hill.

So I stop one day to figure it out,
I'll quit my job without a shadow of a doubt,
To sing the blues that I know about,
My life is just a slow train crawling up a hill.

Minute after minute,
Second after second,
Hour after hour goes by,
Working for a rich girl,
Staying just a poor girl,
Never stop to wonder why.

So here I am in London town,
A better scene I'm gonna be around,
The kind of music that won't bring me down,
My life is just a slow train crawling up a hill.
___

Next couple of days will be pretty hectic, with packing and more goodbyes. Then I may be offline for a little while at the other end for a few days, so I am not sure when I will catch up on goings-on, but I will be back, and keeping track of my new single life just as soon as I can.

Red

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home