Friday, February 16, 2007

Single on Valentines Day

So I am back in the City, as of silly o'clock on Monday morning, and starting to get my feet closer to the ground.
Monday was spent mostly sleeping, and Tuesday unpacking, food shopping, and working on a little V-day project I had planned but left myself little time to complete (there were things I had needed to fetch from the Goldfish Bowl to get it done, so I didn't have much option there). I finished work after midnight, and then suddenly it was Valentines day. I opened my one valentines card, from the lovely Nice Guy, wished he and a number of other sweeties a happy V-day online, and retired to a bed half occupied by a very sleepy Duchess, who had come over to crash again after work.

Wednesday proper was of course still Valentines, and having woken up early, I decided to surprise my pretty lady friend with a special breakfast - bacon sandwiches and tea on a pink covered tray with matching cup, and a pretty pink rose to match - would have been the more surprising had she not wandered into the kitchen midway through my preparing it, but the thought counted, I think, and it was served in bed. We spent much of the morning looking through what's on pages to decide what to do later, and eventually gave up and went out for coffee and shopping. Overdid it slightly, though, as by the time we got back to change ready for our night out as single girls she was too tired to go. So not only was I single - I was on my own. Darn.

All was not lost though - I still wanted to go out, and I realised I did at least know one place where I could go out alone and have a good time. Coffee, Cake and Kink is, I swear, the best cafe in the world, at least for a girl like me, and I could happily live there. They were serving chocolate fondue in honour of valentines day, mostly aimed at couples, but when I wandered in on my own, the staff were (as always) so welcoming, and so friendly, they actually made a dinky half-size fondue just for me, using a sugar bowl to melt the chocolate in, and I must say it was worth every penny.
I had a fantastic evening out, enjoyed treating myself, and chatting for hours to staff and customers alike, and eventually left well after their advertised closing time, full of chocolate and fruit and tea, and with a possible date for hot chocolate next week. (Single doesn't mean I can't coffee-date, right? Just not being exclusive, hooray!)

Have been in more than daily contact with Nice Guy since I got back here. I must admit, single or no, it is lovely to really know that someone cares about you. I woke up from a nap around lunchtime to a knock on the door and the most gorgeous arrangement of flowers I had ever seen in person, in their own vase and addressed to me - NG had been feeling a little sentimental yesterday, apparently, and had ordered them on a whim. I have to admit I was rather overcome. The fact that I couldn't run and hug him to say thankyou rather brought home the physical distance between us right now, and that made me sad a little, but the sentiment of the gift made me very happy.

A busy weekend coming up now, so I shall get on, but I do want to say - A happy belated V-day to you all!

Rouge
xxx

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home