Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mmmmm yes...

Right this minute there is a beautiful woman, and a rather sexy man in my bed, chatting happily and letting breakfast go down, and I am looking at them with a big smile on my face, despite having had only about five hours sleep. It's an idyllic scene - sunrise through the window, two people I love being happy and contented. It makes me feel so fluffy.

Another eventful week. I did make it to Torture Garden, but Mountain (my chocolate loving friend) and his lady frustratingly did not - I got a call about ten fifteen in the evening, already dressed up and ready to go, sitting in CCK and lacing my new boots to say she was upset and he was taking her home.
Well, I can't deny I was a bit frustrated - I'd been looking forward to meeting them both for weeks, and looking forward to being introduced to TG, and I'd put an enormous amount of effort into my outfit. Plus there was no way I was going to get my money back on the ticket that late in the day, so I shrugged stoically, straightened my feather-boa clad shoulders, and marched in there to attempt to at least partially salvage my evening. Spent the night wandering around talking to people, being an interested observer rather than joining in, but I did at least get to know a few faces, including a couple of people it would be very nice to see again. I am very glad that I gave up being shy whilst I was at university.
Nice Guy will probably be in town for the next one, so I may go back - he is visiting the City at the moment, and I will be spending the best part of the next three weeks with him - and I am sure it will be the best part.

Monday I was up til ridiculously late talking to Nice Guy online - he has bought me a webcam, so it has been given a thorough testing lately. Keeping us both up til ridiculous hours of the morning again. Much as I love him, I do need to get the willpower together and get some sleep at some point soon.
Tuesday night was a gallery opening with Optimus and his family, and dinner afterwards. We stayed overnight with a close family friend, played in the morning and it was all very lovely, and fluffy. He has become quite a large part of my life in quite a short time. I find I love him like a brother, if a particularly incestuous one - he asked me what happens at the end of my 'year of freedom' - would there still be a space for him in my life? It was so poignant. If I am honest, I am not entirely sure, but my gut feeling is that there will be a bond between us for many years to come.

The rest of the week mostly involved getting ready for NG's arrival. I so wanted things to be perfect for him - not that it was to be. I was late meeting him from the airport, my parcels failed to arrive, we got lost on the way back from the hotel the next morning, only to finally arrive at my door to discover I had locked my keys inside and not noticed from the previous night.
By the time we were ready to go out and meet Miss Sunshine in the City we were tired, irritable and snapping at each other. Things improved so hugely when we finally met up though. We spent a fantastically chatty couple of hours in my beloved coffee shop, flirting, giggling and entertaining the entire place. Had a very tasty dinner over which we flirted and giggled slightly more subtly. By the time we got back to my house, we were all cosy and at ease and things just flowed perfectly.

We had a wonderful time last night, and took plenty of pictures for the benefit of Miss Sunshine's husband, Gadget - part of the 'payment' for my getting to borrow her for the night. And this morning... I'm off back to pay attention to two of my favourite people. I wish all of you as good a week as mine, if not better!

x

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are having fun! =) Not so much luck for me on that department, but I'm quite accustomed to it by now. My life is meant to be mostly quiet, boring and uneventful. At least for now.

March 18, 2007 11:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home