Friday, April 13, 2007

Oops, three weeks since last post!

So what on earth have I been up to?

Well my much beloved Nice Guy was in the country for three weeks, most of which we ended up spending in bed, despite our plans to get out and do touristy things. We just never really got organised to go out.
We did however organise my house, so I have a wonderfully neat and clean studio with lots of storage, and a place for everything. So at least I have an excellent start in working from home, now that I am not being quite so distracted.
Not that I am complaining! In those three weeks I had my first taste of suspension bondage, the wonderful threesome that I mentioned already, and my very first experience with more than three people on one bed, with Nice Guy, Miss Sunshine and her husband.
Also my first verified experience of female ejaculation (there may be more on this topic, as I went to a very interesting lecture/workshop last night about it), my first chance to properly test my 'feeldoe' and a whole host of wonderful orgasms, not to mention many hours just enjoying each others company and conversation, touching and being touched, and sleeping skin-to-skin.

C, my ex and occasional playmate came to stay for a few days in the middle of this - I must admit I was in a horrible mood all weekend, and it didn't go desperately well - I was an awful hostess and I felt very sorry for him, especially since he had been kind enough to take me to the ideal home show, which was rather fun, but I hadn't realised quite how long he had planned to stay, and I was feeling so very horrible and ratty he left a day early, driving home at some time in the middle of the night rather than get under my feet any more.
He was quite in the mood to play, I think, but I just plain wasn't. The day he left I got a major attack of thrush, which might go some way to explain why I was feeling so low, but I still feel rather guilty about having been so antisocial on top of that. I will perhaps have to make up for it at some stage.
I do really wish I had a spare room rather than being forced to share my studio/bedroom - I usually enjoy having guests, but it would make it so much easier to offer people space if I had more of it, and being in the City I have a lot of people wanting to come and stay. All the more reason to work on improving my career prospects as soon as possible!

The last few days I have spent working on my CV with the 'got to get a job' urge, as I am a bit fed up with having to budget quite so tightly, the first month in the City having cost me rather more than I expected.
Having actually sat down and checked the contents of my bank account, though, and done some arithmetic, I realise I am not quite so badly off as I thought, and it makes more sense to wait until the end of June when I get back from another month in the Goldfish Bowl before I start applying for work, that is assuming I haven't established my own business in the meantime.
I do still have to budget, though, and I am working the barter system for all it's got, doing work exchanges with various businesses and individuals, but at least I can manage to pay the rent until October if need be without being too badly off.

I have actually turned down a trip out to see NG again next week. Much as I would love to go, I feel I really need to be in the City, getting to know people, making some business contacts, just getting into the routine of even mundane things like going to the supermarket to buy food and getting back to some sort of sane sleep and work pattern.
My year of freedom is about establishing myself as an independent person, finding my feet emotionally and financially, and letting go of the safety net of being in a formal relationship. Tempting as it is, as long as I keep spending all of my time with the one guy, however lovely, I am not helping myself to be that person.
On the other hand, NG is looking for work in the City, and I am actively encouraging this. I love the fact that he is as into exploring new aspects of sex as much as I am, and I have every intention of continuing to explore for many years to come.
There are some things that need so much mutual trust, respect and deep feeling that can only really be explored in a long term loving relationship, monogamous or otherwise, and I can't think of a better person to explore those with.
It would be so lovely to have him close by again, especially on terms that allow me to stick by my ideals - having my own place to live, my own income, my own life, which in my mind makes the choice to share any or all of those all the more meaningful.

So for the next few weeks I shall be catching up with all of the other friends, playmates and others that I have been neglecting while enjoying myself with NG, catching up on work, emails, and exploring more of the City, my local surroundings, and the fetish scene that I am a very recent entrant to.
Hopefully there will be much more to blog about - since this entry is getting to be quite long, I shall leave describing the workshop last night for another day, suffice it to say I have a lot of new things to think about!

Blowing Kisses,

Miss Scarlet

x

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on enjoying the city life and of course the exploring too! =)

April 14, 2007 2:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home